SOLD The Road from London to Southampton
- Title: The Road from London to Southampton
- Full title:
- A pocket guide to the English traveller: Being a compleat survey and admeasurement of all the principal roads and most considerable cross roads in England and Wales. In one hundred copper plates.
- Page 51 shows the road commencing from the crossroad at Bagshot in the Lands End Road via Frimely, Ash, Farnham, Bentley, Alton als Aulton and Chawton to Alresford (New Alresford) and continues via Morestead, Twiford (Twyford), Brambridge, North Stoneham and Sivaland (Swaythling)to Southampton. The Road continues from Southampton via Rumsey (Romsey), White Parish (Whiteparish), Whaddon and Alderbury to Salisbury.
- The strip map shows the main road and crossroads leading to various towns along the way. The engraving details the surrounding topography including churches, rivers, bridges, pastures, woods, forests and hills. On each strip is a compass rose showing the direction of travel as well as the distance, in miles, from the start point.
- The engraving has distinct plate marks and good margins. The engraving has been washed & pressed by a qualified conservator (see Conservation Services link on the Home Page) and has been beautifully hand coloured.