- Date: 1766
- Condition: AA
- Colour: BW
- Size (cm): 18.0 cm x 23,6 cm
Title: Aldersgate Ward with its divisions into precincts and parishes and the liberty of St. Martins le Grande, according to a new survey.
Publication: The London Magazine, VOL: XXXV for the year 1766
Engraver: Bowen. T,
An attractive antique plan of the western fringe of the City of London, running from Barbican (now Beech Street) down to Newgate, via Aldersgate Street and St. Martin's le Grand, with Noble Street and Foster Lane to the east, and Little Britain to the west. The map is decorated with a rococo title-piece, the arms of George Nelson (the then alderman), views of the churches of St. Anne and St. Botolph Aldersgate, and a compass rose.
Folds as given, bottom left corner cut to plate mark.